Recipe: Yummy Slow Cooker Caldo Verde Soup
Slow Cooker Caldo Verde Soup.
You can have Slow Cooker Caldo Verde Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Caldo Verde Soup
- It’s 2-3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1-2 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 lb of linguica or chourico.
- You need 1 lb. of Yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of chopped carrots.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sweet Spanish paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1-2 pinches of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 cups of cold water.
- You need 2-4 cups of chopped kale.
Slow Cooker Caldo Verde Soup instructions
- Dice the garlic and onions, separate into two piles..
- Lengthwise, slice the linguica/chourico in half, then cut into quarter inch slices.
- In a hot pot over medium heat, coat the pot with olive oil. Add the garlic. Saute the garlic for a minute or two..
- Next add the onions and carrots into the pot. Cook together with the garlic for about 5 minutes..
- Once the onions are translucent, the linguica goes into the pot. Cook the linguica until it is slightly browned. Add all of it into the slow cooker..
- Cut the potatoes into one inch pieces. Place the potatoes into the slow cooker..
- Stir everything into the slow cooker, except for the kale. Place the bay leaves on top. Close the slow cooker, set the temperature to low, and cook for about 8 hours..
- After 8 hours, discard the bay leaves and remove the linguica with a slotted spoon. Put to the side. Mix in the kale and cook for another 30 minutes with the temperature on high..
- When 30 minutes is over, use a hand blender to blend to almost smooth. It is okay to have some chunks. Stir back in the linguica. ***You do not need to blend. That is totally optional.***.