Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta. I actually remember her making it on New Years because it has black-eyed peas and ham in it Also, I made this in both the slow cooker and the Instant Pot/ pressure cooker. Slow Cooker Ham and Bean soup is the perfect family meal because everyone always loves it; this hearty soup is like a hug in a bowl! Sort and rinse beans, then drain.
After six hours, begin tasting the beans for doneness and go ahead and add the salt. The beans are done when they are creamy throughout and the sauce is richly thick. This is one of our favorite meals and just about everyone I know goes crazy over it. You can cook Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
- You need 1 bag of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- It’s of Optional 👇.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- It’s 2 cups of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of garlic minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- It’s 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 (14.5 oz) of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- You need of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped kale.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- It’s 2 tsp. of hot sauce.
- Prepare of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- You need of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
The tomatoes and the chicken broth give the beans such a great flavor. Slow cooker sloppy joes made with beans and beef! This simple crockpot recipe feeds a crowd and it's perfect for busy back to school dinners or for game day! Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for four hours (or low for eight hours).
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta step by step
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
Slow cooker beans is an easy way to save money on healthy food. Soak first to de-gas the beans and the slow cooker does the cooking for hands-off meals! This salad serves a crowd and is perfect for a potluck or picnic. Why is learning How to Cook Dried Beans in a Crockpot Slow Cooker such a big deal? This post will tell you why I think cooking your own beans from scratch You can cook a batch of beans and freeze them in small containers to keep in the freezer.