Recipe: Perfect red russian kale & chorizo soup
red russian kale & chorizo soup. Garden Hints: Kale requires good cultivation; mulch or hoe frequently to keep soil loose and weed-free. Plants may be left outdoors all winter. This particular cultivar of Brassica oleracea var. viridis is also known as ragged jack and sweet red.
Buy products related to red russian kale products and see what customers say about red russian kale products on Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases. Home Unknown Type Red Russian Kale Seed. I've also seen a third kind of kale, Russian Red, popping up here and there at farmers markets and the more gourmet natural food stores. You can cook red russian kale & chorizo soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of red russian kale & chorizo soup
- Prepare 8 oz of chorizo, thinly sliced crosswise.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 large of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chili flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 7 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of russet potatoes, peeled & chopped.
- Prepare 12 oz of kale, stems removed & leaves cut into ribbons.
- You need 1 of kosher salt.
Red Russian Kale with Tomatoes and Onions Recipe is so tender and so delicious! This kale is in season autumn through spring and is abundance right now. Their stems are a beautiful purple. This is just the Red Russian Kale Micros.
red russian kale & chorizo soup instructions
- cook chorizo in oil in a pot over medium-high heat, stirring often, until browned, about 5 minutes. transfer chorizo to a paper towel with a slotted spoon.
- add onion to fat in pot & saute until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. stir in garlic, chile flakes, & pepper; cook about 1 min. add broth & potato; cover & bring to a boil. reduce heat & simmer until potato is tender, about 5 min..
- stir in kale & chorizo; cover & bring to a boil. reduce heat; simmer until kale is tender, 3 to 5 minutes. season with salt.
Since I planted on that lovely Medium I described under the first picture – I didn't water my crop at all – until just after I took this picture. Red Russian Kale has flat, light green leaves with purple veins that become darker in cooler temperatures. Kale is a staple in Eastern European cooking. Ease of growth, variety of uses, nutrition and delicious flavor (particularly after a frost) make kale an ideal addition to any garden & diet. Red Russian Kale is a high yielding variety high in nutrients.