Recipe: Perfect Turkey and kale soup with black rice
Turkey and kale soup with black rice.
You can have Turkey and kale soup with black rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey and kale soup with black rice
- You need of soup.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of choped onion.
- It’s 1 of peeled and chopped carrot.
- You need 4 of minced cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 4 cup of kale, stems removed and chopped.
- It’s 6 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey, lean.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cooked black rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Turkey and kale soup with black rice step by step
- cook rice before starting soup as it can take as long as 45 -60 minutes to cook. Rinse cooked rice to get rid of any bleeding from color..
- In large heated stock pot, add oil and saute onions, carrots for five minutes. Add garlic and spices and cook an additional two minutes..
- Add in turkey and cook until no longer pink..
- Add in stock, kale and simmer on low for twenty minutes..
- Lastly, add in cooked rice and just cook until rice is heated, about two minutes..
- Serve and enjoy with a salad and fresh baked bread!.