Easiest Way to Make Perfect Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup
Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup.
You can have Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup
- It’s 3 ounces of oil.
- Prepare 1 of each Vidalia onion-small dice.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic- chopped fine.
- You need 2 tablespoons of ginger- chopped fine.
- You need 3 pounds of small carrots- small dice (chopping up small in a food processor works well).
- It’s 2 ounces of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 can (14 ounces) of coconut milk.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoon of Thai Red Curry Paste (Warning some are spicier than others:).
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare of (this needs salt, sweet and spice so each varies to taste).
Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup instructions
- In a pot add the oil and sweat the onions in the stock pot for 5-10 minutes covered Med heat until translucent.
- Add the, chopped garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and dust with all the flour, stirring in for 1 minute..
- Add the chicken stock in pot and bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes. (Check to make sure the carrots are tender).
- When the carrots are tender the soup should be carefully purred in a blender or food processor. This should be done in small batches and covered with a towel as not to spray hot soup all over you..
- Return to the sauce pan and add 1 can of coconut milk and red curry paste and bring to a light simmer..
- Adjust the seasoning with red curry paste, salt and brown sugar..
- Basil,cilantro, scallions or bacon bits are all tasty things to add as a garnish..