Recipe: Tasty Kale and Chorizo soup
Kale and Chorizo soup.
You can have Kale and Chorizo soup using 27 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kale and Chorizo soup
- You need 1 half of bunch of fresh kale (already chopped is ok too).
- Prepare 1 package of chorizo sausage (usually two to a package).
- You need 1 of large potato.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 half of roasted or marinated red pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato soup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sofrito (recipe follows).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of EVOO.
- You need 1 of lime.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- Prepare of SOFRITO recipe : Blended well.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- You need 1 of bulb of garlic (half a bulb if using elephant garlic).
- Prepare 1 of whole bunch of cilantro.
- You need 1 of whole bunch of recao (if you can find it).
- It’s 1 half of cup of EVOO.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of tspn of Oil of Anato or saffron (substitute with a packet of sazon if necessary).
- You need of Save the rest for future recipes.
Kale and Chorizo soup instructions
- Chop kale in short strips, chop potatoes, and slice the chorizo. Smash the 4 cloves of garlic (do not chop this garlic, put in whole)..
- Pour the EVOO into hot large soup pot. Then the sofrito, bay leaf, garlic, and chorizo. Once that starts sizzling, put in rest of the ingredients: kale, potatoes, roasted red pepper, tomato soup, spices and water. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Let that boil until potatoes and kale are tender..
- Kale will eventual wilt. Squeeze a little lime and eat with some nice crusty bread. I like to sprinkle a little grated Parmesan over it. Bom Proveito!.