Recipe: Appetizing Sausage, Kale, and Potato Soup
Sausage, Kale, and Potato Soup. Sausage, kale, and potatoes give a creamy Italian-inspired soup a hearty, rich flavor. All Reviews for Sausage, Potato and Kale Soup. Though kale probably originated in the dry heat of the Mediterranean, it became a fixture in the kitchens of northern Europe.
This hearty soup helped make good use of it and rivals a restaurant version that we love. Add broth, water, black pepper, sausage, potatoes, red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. This soup is great, I subbed cauliflower for potatoes, but my Kale turned grey And unappetizing, I just bought a big bunch and chopped it, does it need to be. You can have Sausage, Kale, and Potato Soup using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage, Kale, and Potato Soup
- It’s 4 slice of bacon.
- You need 1 lb of bulk sausage (We like hot).
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 3 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 quart of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 bunch of kale.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
THIS Smoked Sausage Kale and Potato Soup is everything! It's cozy, and wintery, and it is so dang good. I don't peel the potatoes, but you definitely can. This soup is pretty forgiving on the quantity of potatoes.
Sausage, Kale, and Potato Soup step by step
- Sauté bacon until crisp in large skillet. (You can achieve crisper bacon when cooking at lower temperature.).
- Peel and chop onion while bacon cooks.
- Drain bacon on paper towel. Drain bacon grease from pan..
- Fry sausage and crushed red pepper in same pan until done..
- Peel potatoes and slice into 1/4" slices while sausage fries. (I like to rinse my potatoes after slicing so starch doesn't float on top of the soup).
- Drain sausage well, you may rinse it in a sieve if desired. Drain. all but 1 Tbsp. grease from pan..
- Crumble bacon into large soup pot add sausage, potatoes, and chicken broth. Cook on medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic in sausage grease. When limp add to soup mixture..
- Wash greens thoroughly and coarsely chop. Add to soup and cook until greens are to your liking..
- Add heavy cream and serve..
I typically use four medium-to-large red potatoes, which I know is really subjective. You may also like my sausage, kale, and gnocchi soup or my lasagna soup. The traditional Portuguese kale and potato soup inspired this delicious country-style dish. It's especially welcome in the winter months when kale is. Remove the sausage from the pot and, when it is cool enough to handle.