How to Make Tasty Curried Lentil Soup
Curried Lentil Soup.
You can cook Curried Lentil Soup using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Curried Lentil Soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 1 cup of prechopped onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced peeled fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/8 of teas ground red pepper.
- It’s 3 cup of fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 2 of 8oz packages steamed lentils.
- You need 2 cup of fresh baby spinach.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro, divided.
- You need 1/4 cup of plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogart.
Curried Lentil Soup step by step
- 1 Heat a medium saucepan over Med heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, saute 3 mins. Add garlic and ginger; saute 1min. Add curry powder and red pepper; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broth, vinegar, and lentils. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 5mins..
- 2 Place half of lentil mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid; secure lid on blender. Place clean towel over opening in lid. Blend until smooth. Add blended mixture, spinach, salt, and pepper to pan; stir until spinach wilts. Stir in 2 Tbls cilantro. Serve with yogart and remaining cilantro..