How to Prepare Tasty Caribbean soup
Caribbean soup. In a Dutch oven, saute onions in oil until tender. Caribbean soup is a hearty affair. There is no thin broth and it is never served as a first course to a meal, rather, it is the meal.
Caribbean Soup Recipes are typically thick and rich containing the wholesome goodness of at least one meat, large pieces of vegetables and some tubers such as yam and potatoes. In many cases soups are very similar to stews with only slightly more liquid. One thing is certain, regardless of the particulars, a Caribbean soup is a hearty. You can have Caribbean soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caribbean soup
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of boneless pork chops.
- You need 1/2 lb of smoked, lean sausage.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tsp of jerk seasoning.
- Prepare 2 medium of sweet potatoes, diced.
- You need 2 cup of baby spinach.
Bring water to a boil in a large bowl. Remove bones, trying to keep large pieces of fish intact. To the locals, this place is known as Juicy. This is where I had my first Jamaican Chicken soup with dumplings.
Caribbean soup step by step
- Heat oil in 4 qt. pot, over med-high heat..
- Cooking pork, sausage, onion and garlic for 5 min..
- Stir in broth, seasoning and sweet potatoes..
- Bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 10 min..
- Stir in spinach and cook for 5 – 8 min..
You will need a Kabocha squash. Soups, on the whole, are very hearty affairs in the Caribbean. They often contain some type of meat, ground provisions , dumplings, vegetables and peas, preferably split peas. Each island has it's down traditional soup day. When I say Jamaican vegetable soup, I mean a soup bursting with all the Jamaican flavours (that I loooooooove) aka the well-known rice and peas, orange sweet potato, fresh thyme, allspice, peppers and chilli.