You can have Lentil Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil Soup
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of whole cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of lentils, sorted and rinsed.
- You need 5 cup of water.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 cup of packed shredded fresh spinach.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted peanuts, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of fat-free greek-style yogurt.
Lentil Soup step by step
- Place the oil and cumin seeds in a Dutch oven or heavy large saucepan over medium heat..
- Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Stir in the onion, garlic, coriander, and pepper and cook, stirring often, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the onion and garlic are tender. Stir in the paprika..
- Add the lentils and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the lentils are very tender..
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, peanuts, and salt. Increase the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer..
- Garnish each serving with 2 tablespoons of yogurt..