Recipe: Delicious Italian Wedding Soup
Italian Wedding Soup. This lovely soup combines extra lean ground beef made into meatballs with thinly sliced escarole or "Coming from Rhode Island, a very ethnic state, this soup was traditionally served at Italian weddings. I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up.
Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat. This Italian wedding soup is meatballs, vegetables, greens and pasta all simmered together in a savory broth. The perfect way to warm up on a cold day! You can have Italian Wedding Soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup
- You need 1 dash of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of of garlic (chopped).
- You need 1 lb of .5Kilo (4 sausages).
- You need 1 can of white beans.
- It’s 1 liter of Beef broth.
- You need 1 bunch of Spinach (market, small).
This easy Italian wedding soup recipe is the absolute BEST! My whole family loves it, and yours will, too. In the soup aisle of Target, my tear-streaked. Calling this "Italian wedding soup" is somewhat of a misnomer since the dish is unrelated to weddings.
Italian Wedding Soup step by step
- Set to medium heat & add olive oil & garlic to soup pot.
- Add the chopped fresh spinach into the garlic and let saute for a minute or two..
- Cut sausage into circles and add to pan. let them cook if they are raw..
- Add the broth and the beans and let simmer for 30 minutes..
- If you are using a crockpot just add it all at once and let cook for 4 hours on high, 6 hours on low..
The name is said to come from the words "minestra maritata," which mean "married soup." Italian wedding soup has long been one of my favorite soups, but it's one I've never made myself, as I always assumed it was a chore to make all those meatballs before making the soup itself. Stir the soup in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg. Wedding soup is traditionally made from a rich, long-cooked homemade chicken stock. What you'll need to make Italian Wedding Soup.