Easiest Way to Make Yummy Vegetable Soup
You can cook Vegetable Soup using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Soup
- You need 1 of Sweet Potato (medium).
- You need 3 of Carrots (peeled and sliced).
- You need 1 Stalk of Celery (diced).
- It’s 1 of Yellow Onion (small, diced).
- It’s 1 Clove of Garlic (Minced).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Allspice.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need 2-15 oz of Cans Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed *optional ingredient).
- You need 4 c of Baby Spinach (loosely packed).
- You need 1 of Tbsp+1tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (*optional, 1/2 tsp per serving).
Vegetable Soup step by step
- Add all ingredients, except spinach and olive oil, to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender. Add spinach, stir and continue cooking just until wilted, approximately 5 minutes. Optional: When serving, drizzle a little olive oil over each bowl of soup – 1/2 tsp per bowl..
- Note: If you prefer a thicker soup, after 5 hours of cooking, remove 1 cup of soup along with ingredients and mash with a fork. Return to the slow cooker, stir and continue cooking 1-3 hours..