How to Cook Appetizing Memaw's French Soup
Memaw's French Soup. Traditionally, french soups are classified into two groups: clear soups and thick soups. The established French classifications of clear soups are bouillon and consommé. This is a list of French soups and stews.
Pork Chops With French Onion Soup Recipes. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. You can cook Memaw's French Soup using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Memaw's French Soup
- Prepare 2-3 of large leeks sliced 1/4 in.
- You need of Onion chopped.
- Prepare Package of bacon sliced thin.
- You need 4 of medium potatoes diced.
- It’s 3 of medium carrots sliced.
- It’s 40 oz (5 cups) of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of asparagus 1 inch sliced.
- It’s 2-3 handfuls of fresh baby spinach.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s of Lots of pepper.
A classic french onion soup recipe absolutely must have caramelized onions. But Finding one that give you the how and why, is few and far to come. Friday: Potato soup – the French way. Very simple, very classic and very nice indeed!
Memaw's French Soup step by step
- Saute bacon with leeks, onion, and carrots until onion is clear. Add broth and rice. Cover and boil 20 minutes. Add potatoes, cover and boil 10 minutes. Add asparagus, cover and boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cream, spinach, and pepper..
A few simple ingredients but this dish has a touch of nutmeg in to give it a twist (it's good for your health too). This french onion soup mix replaces the store bough version with a simple recipe of onion flakes, garlic powder So French onion soup it was. I made it as a soup to eat plain or used it to season foods or. French Onion Soup is a deeply flavorful blend of onions caramelized in butter and slow simmered in a rich medley of beef broth and white wine, then finished with a splash of Cognac and topped with. Homemade French Onion Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.