Crawfish soup. This "soup for the Cajun soul" can be made with crab, shrimp, crawfish, all three or in combination with each other. Most everyone use the term Bisque and Chowder interchangeably. The Best Crawfish Soup Recipes on Yummly
Crawfish Soup (Chowder): Creamy Crawfish Corn Chowder is a hearty dish that goes a long way. If you like real cajun food, this is a great one to try. Don't worry about making too much because it. You can have Crawfish soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crawfish soup
- Prepare 1 pk of large jumbo shrimp shell on or off(devein).
- It’s 1 pk of crawfish (1lb).
- Prepare 1 pk of coconut milk or can cream optional.
- It’s 1 pk of flavored soup mix (I used grace cock soup).
- Prepare 1 of small pumpkin or calabaza.
- It’s 3 of large white potatoes diced.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of large carrot diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika (1 to season shrimp).
- Prepare 2 sprig of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 stalk of escallion or green onion.
Puree soup and pass through a fine sieve. Boil again and stir in cream. Season to taste and froth with an immersion blender. Serve soup with sauteed pears and crawfish.
Crawfish soup instructions
- Season your shrimp and crawfish with paprika, salt, pepper.
- In your soup pot 😀 add 1 tsp oil and cook shrimp for 1min on each side. Then remove and set aside. Add crawfish and cook for 2mins on each side or until turn red..
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and 2 cup of water to the crawfish and bring to a boil. Then add diced carrots and pumpkin. Cover until the liquid comes to a boil and the pumpkin is soft..
- Once the pumpkins are cooked remove them and crush em and then put them back to the pot. (This is optional) Then add your potatoes, salt, coconut milk,cayenne pepper, jamaican pepper, black pepper,oregano, flavoured soup mix, shrimp and stir. Cover and let cook for 20mins or until the potatoes are soft/cooked..
Crayfish are eaten all over the world. Like other edible crustaceans, only a small portion of the body of a crayfish is edible. In most prepared dishes, such as soups, bisques and étouffées. Try this crawfish corn soup made with Louisiana Crawfish, which displays the best flavors of both shrimp and lobster. Only six ingredients that combine fresh flavor and convenience to create a quick.