Easiest Way to Make Delicious Zoni Tokyo Style (Mochi in Japanese Soup)
Zoni Tokyo Style (Mochi in Japanese Soup).
You can have Zoni Tokyo Style (Mochi in Japanese Soup) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zoni Tokyo Style (Mochi in Japanese Soup)
- It’s 1.2 L of Dashi broth.
- You need 120 g of chicken thigh.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce (for chicken).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sake (for chicken).
- You need 50 g of carrot.
- You need 50 g of Daikon radish.
- You need 4 of small taros.
- You need 4 of Shiitake mushrooms (dried).
- You need 2 bunches of Japanese mustard spinach.
- It’s of Edible clovers for topping (optional).
- Prepare of Yuzu peel for topping (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce : (A).
- It’s 1 tbsp of mirin : (A).
- You need of salt for taste.
- Prepare 4-8 pieces of square mochi.
Zoni Tokyo Style (Mochi in Japanese Soup) step by step
- Cut the Daikon and the carrot into quarter slices. Cut the chicken thigh. Peel the taro's skin and cut into bite-size chunks. Reconstitute the Shiitake mushrooms and slice them. Slice the kamaboko..
- Boil the Japanese mustard spinach and soak it in cold water. Drain the excess water and cut into 5 cm long..
- Drizzle the soy sauce and the cooking Sake to the chicken..
- Blanch the Daikon. Boil the taro for a few minutes and soak it in cold water..
- Pour the Dashi broth in a pan. Put the Daikon, the carrot, the taro, and the shiitake mushrooms to heat. When it boils, add the kamaboko and the chicken to cook until the chicken becomes soft and the vegetables are cooked..
- Add the condiments (A) and the salt to taste..
- Put the grilled mochi in a bowl and pour the soup. Add the Japanese mustard spinach, the edible clovers and the yuzu peel..