How to Cook Perfect Chicken and spinach meatball soup
Chicken and spinach meatball soup. These chicken and spinach meatballs are a nutritious addition to any lunch box, and sure to please your school-age kiddos. These chicken spinach meatballs are to die for. I make these for my kids' lunch boxes and everyone at their school wants them.
These chicken or turkey meatballs add incredible flavor into the soup. They are ridiculously good and easy. Everyone will demand you make it again I've been wanting to make my mom's Paleo Chicken Meatball Soup with spinach for a long time and for some reason I waited until today to share with you. You can cook Chicken and spinach meatball soup using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and spinach meatball soup
- Prepare of MEATBALLS:.
- You need 1 lb of ground chicken.
- It’s 1 box of frozen spinach.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mutard.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of panko.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
- You need of SOUP:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- You need 1 clove of chopped garlic.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Continuing with my meatball obsession, I knew I had to make this soup with meatballs! I almost made it a classic chicken noodle, but meatballs make it so I added some spinach for extra health, but you could use kale or any kind of greens you have on hand. Or you could use escarole like you would in. The success of this soup will depend on the quality of your chicken broth so use the best!
Chicken and spinach meatball soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- whisk together egg and milk and combine with all other meatball ingredients.
- Use a scoop to scoop heaping tablespoons of meatball mixture onto a foiled baking sheet, spaced about 1 inch apart.
- Bake meatballs for 20 minutes, or until cooked through..
- While meatballs bake, heat olive oil over medium heat in large pot. Add onions and saute until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic, saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken stock, bay leaf, and lemon juice. Bring to very low simmer.
- Add cooked meatballs to broth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- To serve, broth and meatballs over rice. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve.
Frozen spinach can be used in place of fresh. In a large pot heat the chicken broth until a medium boil; stir in spinach, diced carrots and meatballs; return to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low. How to Make Chicken Spinach Meatballs. The new meatball features some of the usual suspects like basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic, so the However, I think these would make great sandwiches, as well. Overall, the chicken spinach meatballs were a nice change from our old stand-by meatballs.