Recipe: Perfect Spinach and Sausage Soup
Spinach and Sausage Soup.
You can cook Spinach and Sausage Soup using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach and Sausage Soup
- It’s 10 oz of Sweet Turkey Italian Sausage.
- Prepare of Cooking Spray.
- You need 1 cup of Prechopped Onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Bottled Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 (15 ounce) of can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 ounce) of can organic stewed tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1 (14 ounce) of can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of baby spinach.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh oregano.
- You need 2 tablespoons of grated fresh Romano cheese.
Spinach and Sausage Soup step by step
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add onion and 2 teaspoons garlic to pan; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup water, beans, tomatoes, and broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and cook for 3 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat, and stir in spinach, basil, and oregano. Ladle 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 4 bowls, and sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese.