Recipe: Appetizing Lentil soup: Adas bi Hamod
Lentil soup: Adas bi Hamod. Heat oil in large pot over high heat. One of my absolute favorite soups and the ultimate taste of winter and is sure to please on any cold evening. "Adas bil Hamod" is not only extra ordinary delicious, but a healthy veggie and a protein packed soup. It is an excellent source of vitamins A, K and C and packed with fibers and magnesium.
Mains , Soups & Stews. biscuits bread Breakfast cake chocolate Christmas condiment dairy-free Dessert Drink edible gifts fish foraged for freezing gluten-free lebanese main dish meat mezzeh party food pasta pizza quick food raw Salad Side snack Soup spread Stew traditional vegan world. Adas bi hamod soup (Arabic:عدس بحامضalso spelledAadas bi hamoud soup) is a traditional Lebanese, lemon and lentil soup. The following is an example of an Adas bi hamod soup recipe that was written by Aline Sfeir: Fry a medium-sized onion cut in small cubes with a bit of oil (olive oil or. "Adas bil Hamod" is not only extra ordinary delicious, but a healthy veggie and a protein packed soup. You can cook Lentil soup: Adas bi Hamod using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lentil soup: Adas bi Hamod
- Prepare 1 kg of spinach, shredded.
- It’s 1 cup of brown lentils.
- It’s 1 of medium potato, peeled and cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions, chopped.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
Adas bi hamoud is a soup commonly prepared in all Lebanese regions. Adas bi hamoud is a consistent soup that fulfills your stomach and boosts your immunity by its high content in vitamin C which also enhances the absorption of iron that is provided by the lentils. This Wonton Soup recipe is bursting with fresh flavors and loaded with homemade pork Chinese Dumplings to elevate this classic take out dish to a gourmet level! Put the lentils, garlic, frozen spinach, and mint into the pot.
Lentil soup: Adas bi Hamod step by step
- In a pot, boil the lentils with 6 to 7 cups of water over medium heat for about 40 min..
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a small pan over medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 5 min or until they become golden in color..
- When the lentils are cooked, add the onion and garlic mixture, potato cubes, spinach, salt and 4 cups of water and stir..
- Cover the pot and leave on medium heat for 40 min or until the potato and spinach are well cooked. Add the lemon juice after removing from heat..
- Serve hot..
This Lebanese lentil soup recipe is a favorite in Lebanon for breaking the fast during Ramadan. It's delicious and easy to make with simple ingredients. A common household dish to break the fast at the end of the day in Lebanon is shorbat adas – lentil soup. This Lebanese version of a warm and comforting Adas bil Hamod (Lentil soup) has a distinct lemony taste and is packed with fiber and protein. The lentils used in this soup are the same brown lentils used in my Lentils and rice dish.