Miso egg drop soup. Egg drop soup is a favorite around here because it's simple, salty and comforting. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local little Chinese restaurant every single Saturday. And every single Saturday — like, we're talking nearly two.
You can modify the soup in a lot of ways to add more or less egg or vegetables. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper. You can have Miso egg drop soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Miso egg drop soup
- It’s of soup.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 medium of carrot.
- It’s 1/2 small of onion.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Hatcho Miso.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 bunch of spinach leaves.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Egg drop soup makes me think of my grandmother every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. You might recognize egg drop soup from the bowl you get with the lunch plates at Chinese-American restaurants, with swirling strands of eggs floating in a. I am sure everyone has tried Chinese egg drop soup, either at Chinese restaurants, buffet, or takeout. This soup is always warm and comforting, with.
Miso egg drop soup step by step
- bring water to a boil.
- dissolve miso in hot water until there aren't any lumps. then add to the boiling water.
- thinly slice carrot and onion then add to boiling water and miso.
- beat one egg in a bowl, then gradually pour into soup mixture. keep mixing with a fork as you pour the eggs in.
- slice up spinach leaves and add to the pot.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- simmer and serve hot.
Egg drop soup is a meal that is best served as soon as it's ready, so tell your guests to be at the table with spoons in their hands! Usually when you buy Japanese miso soup packets or eat it at a restaurant, it is just filled with seaweed and maybe tofu, but there is so much more Egg and spinach are great ingredients to add because they're healthy and can be bought anywhere so you don't need to go to any specialty asian. How to thicken egg drop soup? If you prefer a thicker texture try adding starch to the soup. When miso soup is mentioned, most people will automatically think of wakame and tofu miso soup.