Wicked Thai chicken soup.
You can have Wicked Thai chicken soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wicked Thai chicken soup
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 8 oz of container fresh mushrooms (chopped or sliced) I use cremini.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, diced.
- You need 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped lemongrass (see note above).
- You need 2 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of half and half cream.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of chilli garlic sauce.
- It’s 1 can of tomato paste (156 ml or 5.5 oz).
- You need 2 tablespoons of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need 1 cup of rice, (cooked).
- It’s of chopped cilantro for garnish if you'd like.
Wicked Thai chicken soup step by step
- If rice is not already cooked, prepare according to package directions.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large dutch oven or pot on medium heat. Once oil is hot, add chopped or sliced mushrooms and cook until tender and golden in colour. Remove mushrooms from the pot and set aside..
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook until onions are soft and translucent..
- Add mushrooms back to the dutch oven along with chicken stock, chicken, lemongrass, fish sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt..
- Bring mixture to a boil then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes..
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the half and half and coconut milk. DO NOT boil after this step..
- Place lid on the dutch oven or pot and allow to cook on low for an additional 5 minutes..
- In a small bowl, combine the Thai red curry paste, chill garlic sauce, tomato paste, water and cornstarch. Whisk to a smooth consistently..
- Add curry mixture to the soup and stir until soup is slightly thickened and fragrant, roughly another 10 minutes or so..
- Add rice to the pot and stir to combine. Garnish with cilantro if you'd like. Serve and enjoy!!.