Pasta E Fagioli Soup. Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup Copycat Recipe – This Pasta e Fagioli Soup is one of my favorite soups! It's on heavy rotation at my house because we all love it so much! Pasta e Fagiole (AKA pasta and beans) is the answer.
Yes, this is the complete copycat of Olive Garden's heartwarming Pasta e Fagioli, which is a pasta and bean soup. And it's seriously so easy to make. Drain pasta and add to soup, then taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. (Do not try to skip a step by cooking the pasta in the soup. You can cook Pasta E Fagioli Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pasta E Fagioli Soup
- It’s 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey.
- It’s 1 of small onion, finely diced.
- You need 2 of carrots, finely diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, finely diced.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can of dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 can of cannellini beans (or white kidney beans), drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 (26 oz.) of container beef stock (or 3 cups).
- You need 1 jar (25 oz.) of spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of dried parsley.
- It’s 3/4 cup of uncooked ditalini pasta (see cook’s notes below).
- You need of salt, to taste (about ½ tbsp. kosher salt).
Aside from the beans, this recipe bears little relationship to Italian Pasta e Fagioli. Other reviewers have complained of tough beans and salty. Pasta e fagioli (pronounced [ˈpasta e faˈdʒɔːli]), meaning "pasta and beans", is a traditional Italian soup. It is often called pasta fasul (fazool) in the United States, derived from its Neapolitan name.
Pasta E Fagioli Soup step by step
- Brown and crumble ground beef..
- Drain excess grease..
- Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker (except for pasta) and stir..
- Set slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes or so of cooking, add in the pasta and stir..
Pasta e Fagioli – The best ever Pasta and Beans soup which will make you feel like dinning in an Italian Bistro! Pasta e Fagioli, a hearty one pot pasta and beans dinner soup made with small pasta, aromatics and three kinds of beans simmered in flavorful Italian-style tomato broth. Pasta Fagioli (Pasta and Beans) is a great tasting, hearty, vegetarian Italian pasta and bean soup, perfect for the cold, super quick and freezer friendly. It's usually pronounced pasta fazool here in the US, derived from its Neapolitan name, pasta e fasule. I love hearty tomato based soups like this in.