Recipe: Tasty Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup
Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup. For a spicier finish to Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup, top with minced Thai chile pepper. This smooth, spicy shrimp bisque uses coconut milk to offset its heat. Pour shrimp shell mixture through a mesh strainer into tomato soup mixture.
Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot with lemon wedges. Quick and easy, this vibrant Cambodian-style Coconut Shrimp Soup with coconut milk, green beans, and tomatoes is perfect for a weeknight supper! Help yourself to a plate full—generous servings are still lower in calories and big on protein. You can have Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup
- Prepare 2 packages of Ramen noodles, oriental or shrimp flavor.
- Prepare 3 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of Mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger, fresh minced or paste.
- Prepare 4 oz of Raw baby spinach, torn or sliced.
- You need 1 can of Coconut milk.
- You need 1 lb of Shrimp, I used precooked shrimp thawed it and removed the tails.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sriracha sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Crushed red pepper flakes, optional.
Spicy Coconut Milk And Shrimp Soup. Ladle into soup bowls; sprinkle with scallions and cilantro. Posted by georgiapellegrini in Step-by-Step Recipes. You'll need: shrimp, chicken stock, basil, Thai chili, coconut milk, lemon, lemongrass, butter, ginger, garlic, and fish sauce.
Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup step by step
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Saute the onion, garlic, ginger & mushrooms until soft..
- Add in the spinach and cook until wilted down..
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, boil the water. Add in ramen noodles and seasoning packet. Cook until al dente (about 3-4 minutes).
- While ramen is cooking, add the can of coconut milk to the veggies, also the shrimp..
- Now add the ramen to the veggies and shrimp. Then add in the sriracha and red pepper flakes. Do a smaller amount to start if you are sensitive to spicy foods..
- Cook just til heated through, but no longer or the shrimp will become chewy and overcooked..
- This amount of spice was a medium hot for my tastes. Feel free to add more spice if you like..
- Serve piping hot!.
Start by removing the outer layers of the lemon grass and slicing it. Spicy coconut curries are a Thai specialty: the fiery heat of chiles meets the cool, creamy notes of coconut, resulting in an irresistible broth. Plump shrimp and cabbage lend a bit of crunch to the soup, served in the same bowl as our white rice for well-balanced bites. A final squeeze of lime juice. This spicy coconut shrimp bisque recipe was inspired by a similar soup I saw Chef John Besh make during a demo I attended at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival.