Recipe: Delicious Italian Wedding Soup
Italian Wedding Soup. This lovely soup combines extra lean ground beef made into meatballs with thinly sliced escarole or "Coming from Rhode Island, a very ethnic state, this soup was traditionally served at Italian weddings. I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up.
Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat. This Italian wedding soup is meatballs, vegetables, greens and pasta all simmered together in a savory broth. The perfect way to warm up on a cold day! You can have Italian Wedding Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup
- You need 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 1 cup of celery.
- It’s 1 medium of onion diced.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic peeled &smashed.
- You need 1 packages of fresh baby spinach.
- It’s 1 packages of Lip ton Onion Soup Mix.
- It’s 1 quart of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 3 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 each of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Acini de pepe Pasta.
- It’s 1 of warm water to cover.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
This easy Italian wedding soup recipe is the absolute BEST! My whole family loves it, and yours will, too. In the soup aisle of Target, my tear-streaked. Calling this "Italian wedding soup" is somewhat of a misnomer since the dish is unrelated to weddings.
Italian Wedding Soup instructions
- Sweat veg.(except spinach) In olive oil for 5 min. Add salt and pepper, garlic, italian seasoning, and bayleaf..
- Add ground turkey to brown. Break up. Add onion soup mix and parsley..
- Add quart of chicken broth and spinach..
- Add water to cover. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes..
- Add pasta. Simmer for 10 more minutes, and enjoy. I use 6 qt pot to make soup.
The name is said to come from the words "minestra maritata," which mean "married soup." Italian wedding soup has long been one of my favorite soups, but it's one I've never made myself, as I always assumed it was a chore to make all those meatballs before making the soup itself. Wedding soup is traditionally made from a rich, long-cooked homemade chicken stock. What you'll need to make Italian Wedding Soup. For the meatballs, my secret is to add ground sausage to the. Italian Wedding soup is a hearty, classic soup made on the stovetop!