Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Eru soup
Eru soup. Eru Soup (Spinach/Okazi leaves) – healthy satisfying Cameroonian green dish loaded with other protein and aromatics that will make you sing for joy. Best paired with your favorite starchy sides! Eru is a Cameroonian soup that is commonly prepared and consumed by the Bayangi people from the southwest parts of the country.
The aroma from Eru Soup is a mouth-watering delight. This soup is best served with your favorite starchy sides! This video shows how to make a delicious Afang / Eru soup, the ingredients used are; Beef, cow leg and goat meat. You can have Eru soup using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eru soup
- Prepare 2 1/2 bunch of eru leaves.
- You need 1 bunch of water leaves/spinach.
- Prepare 1 kg of meat.
- You need 1/2 liter of palm oil.
- It’s 3 piece of cubes seasoning.
- Prepare 1 pints of salt.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of crayfish.
- It’s 3 piece of pepper.
- You need 3 piece of dry fish.
Smoked fish Crayfish Palm oil Pepper and. Eru is a wild plant that is harvested from the forest in Cameroon. In Nigeria, it is called Ukazi or Another soup that really looks like Eru is the Edika Ikong, also prepared by the Calabar people of. Eru is the common name used for two very similar vines of the species Gnetum africanum and Gnetum buchholzianum.
Eru soup instructions
- Slice water leaf into tiny bits..
- Wash water leaves and keep aside..
- Boil meat with cube seasoning and pepper until tender..
- Add water leaves to the meat when the meat water is almost dry. Add dry fish..
- Cook for 5mins and keep the pot open so that leaves dont loose their greenish colour..
- Once water from.water leaves and meat mixture is almost dry add eru leaves..
- Cook for 5mins and stir well..
- Add crayfish.
- Add palm oil and taste. Cook for 10 mins ..
- Serve hot with tapioca..
Eru leaves are eaten raw, or shredded and added to. Ogbono Soup, also known as Draw Soup, is a Nigerian soup recipe prepared with Ogbono Seeds. Learn how to cook the perfect Ogbono Soup right here. Why is Afang Soup called a Calabar Soup? What are the Health Benefits of Afang Leaf?