Recipe: Yummy Minestrone soup
Minestrone soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Minestrone (/ˌmɪnɪsˈtroʊni/; Italian: [mineˈstroːne]) is a thick soup of Italian origin made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice, sometimes both.
Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale. To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup. The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. You can have Minestrone soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Minestrone soup
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1 bag (5 oz) of fresh baby spinach washed and trimmed.
- Prepare 1 of large russet potato peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1 can (14 oz) of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz) of kidney beans.
- Prepare 4 (14 oz) cans of low sodium chicken stock.
- You need 1 cup of short cut pasta.
- It’s 6-7 of basil leaves.
Serve this hearty soup with lightly toasted bread to get every last drop. Recipe can be doubled." The very best minestrone ever! A huge success with the family and guests. This healthy and quick Minestrone Soup is the best!
Minestrone soup instructions
- In a large heavy bottom soup pot heat the olive oil on medium heat and sauté the pancetta until crispy, just a couple minutes. Once the pancetta is crispy remove from the pan and set aside..
- Add the chopped onion, carrots and celery and sauté until the vegetables start to cook down and caramelize about 3 minutes, add the potato and garlic and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, you want all the vegetables to get a golden brown color all over..
- Add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato puree and the chicken stock, place a lid on the pan turn the heat to medium high and cook for 30 minutes..
- When all the vegetables are cooked (mixture should be slightly thicker) season with salt and pepper to taste and add the pasta (cook the pasta according to package instructions) when the pasta is about 2 minutes away from being done add the spinach and basil, cook just until the spinach is wilted . Serve with good crusty Italian bread and add some shredded Parmesan cheese if you'd like.
I have been so excited to share my Minestrone Soup recipe with you all. It is a fast and healthy version made with zucchini and fresh basil. This Minestrone soup is one of our favorite soups, and we are soup lovers. It's quick, it's healthy, and it's perfect for dunking with some crusty bread, rolls, or garlic bread! Minestrone soup may seem simple to prepare, but all of the various elements brings on some complexity.