Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Thai Soup with Coconut Milk and Galangal
Thai Soup with Coconut Milk and Galangal.
You can have Thai Soup with Coconut Milk and Galangal using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Soup with Coconut Milk and Galangal
- Prepare 2 tbsp of veggie oil.
- It’s 3.25 oz of minced shallots.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 oz of minced lemongrass.
- You need 2 tbsp of Thai Chili paste.
- You need 1.5 oz of Galangal, sliced.25 in thick.
- Prepare 1.5 qt of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 qt of coconut milk.
- It’s 6.5 oz of drained, canned straw mushrooms, halved.
- Prepare 4 oz of seeses and medium diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need of cilantro for garnish.
- You need 18 of kaffir lime leaves, bruised.
Thai Soup with Coconut Milk and Galangal step by step
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat and add shallots, lemongrass, Garlic, and chili paste. Cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds..
- Add the galangal, lime leaves, stock, sugar, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Strain the broth into a pot and discard the solids. Add the chicken, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Simmer for 25 minutes..
- Add the lime juice and salt and adjust seasoning with sugar and salt. Garnish the soup with cilantro..