Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Sausage Tortellini Soup
Sausage Tortellini Soup. Italian sausage, garlic, tomatoes, red wine, and tortellini – this soup combines favorite ingredients from an Italian kitchen. You can use sweet or hot sausage, depending on your tastes, and fresh herbs if you have them on hand. This soup is perfect as is, but it can be changed up by preference.
You can serve them up in a salad, on their own with a little sauce, or my personal winter favorite: tortellini soups. We have a lot of tortellini soups to choose from, but we've narrowed it down to the very best. This delicious Italian soup features tortellini, sausage, and lots of vegetables — carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, and bell pepper. You can cook Sausage Tortellini Soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage Tortellini Soup
- It’s 1 package of italian sausage (5 links) – spicy optional.
- It’s 2 of medium yellow onions, chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 4 stalks of celery, chopped.
- You need 4 of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 8 cups of vegetable broth.
- You need 1-28 oz of can of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 2 of zucchinis, quartered and slices.
- It’s 2 of yellow squash, quartered and sliced.
- It’s 1/2 lb of mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 of medium fresh vine tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1 bag of fresh spinach, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbs of fresh basil, sliced.
- You need 1 of -lb fresh tortellini.
- You need of Salt and pepper, optional.
- It’s of Red pepper flake, optional.
The soup is enriched with beef stock and red wine, and garnished with grated Parmesan cheese. Variations on this Sausage Tortellini Soup: To make this Sausage Tortellini Soup dairy-free, omit the cheese tortellini and substitute regular pasta, and be sure to double check all of your ingredients.; To make this soup gluten-free, omit the pasta and substitute gluten-free pasta or gluten-free tortellini if available.; You can certainly add more veggies or swap mine out for the ones your. Sausage Tortellini Soup Always searching for new and different soup recipes, I came across a similar one in an old church cookbook and changed a few ingredients to suit my family's tastes. Now it's one of our favorites and I always get requests for the recipe.
Sausage Tortellini Soup step by step
- In a large stock pot, take italian sausage out of the casing, cut and "ball" into bite size pieces and brown the sausage. Add onion and garlic, cook until softened. Add celery and carrots, cook for about 10 minutes on medium-high..
- Add the broth, crushed tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, and basil. Bring to a simmer. Add in zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms. At this stage also add the spinach but don't stir in, place on top. Bring to simmer. Add tortellini on top, and follow cooking directions on package..
- Eat it up!.
Sausage Tortellini Soup chockful of spicy Italian sausage, cheese tortellini, and baby spinach is hearty, delicious, and the perfect meal for chilly weather. Quick and easy to make and cooks in one pot! We're finally seeing colder weather here in my neck of the woods and it's about time! Made with flavourful Italian Sausage, tortellini pasta, Garlic, Onion, Tomato and has a light hearty broth. This soup is a meal in itself, so you don't have to worry about making a side or maybe a simple leafy green salad is just enough.