How to Make Yummy Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
Slow Cooker Lentil Soup.
You can have Slow Cooker Lentil Soup using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
- You need 3 of Carrots chopped.
- It’s 2 of Ribs of celery chopped.
- You need 1 of Onion chopped.
- You need 3 of Garlic cloves pressed.
- It’s 8 cup of of veg or chicken broth.
- It’s 1 bag of of dry lentils, rinsed.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 of Dry bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of Cubed red potato.
- You need 1 bunch of of spinach or kale chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste diluted in 1/4 cup water or broth.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
Slow Cooker Lentil Soup step by step
- Put all the ingredients (Except the spinach,kale,salt and pepper) in the slow cooker give it a stir and cover. Set cooker to high and cook for 5-6 hours. About 15 minutes before serving add the spinach or kale (or both) salt and pepper. Remove bay leaves before serving. This is a fantastic make ahead meal. It is better the next day. It freezes well too. If the lentils thicken just add broth to desired consistency. Serve with a sandwich or it is a healthy meal on its own. Enjoy!.