Recipe: Appetizing Spicy Lentil Soup
Spicy Lentil Soup. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible! This spicy lentil soup is a flavorful and hearty one-pot dinner! You don't need to add a thing but your favorite pita or freshly-baked bread.
Adjust the spice level to your taste, and present this yummy soup with warm pita bread. Spicy Lentil Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Sambar is a flavorful spicy South Indian lentil soup made with a variety of vegetables. You can cook Spicy Lentil Soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Lentil Soup
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of unsalted vegetable stock.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can unsalted diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 1/2 of onions chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cardamom.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 6 oz of baby spinach.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of lime, cut into wedges.
It fits nicely with many South Indian meals, including dosas (pancakes), idlis (savory cakes), and rice. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. A nutritious, flavor-packed spinach lentil soup that comes together in minutes! One last word, this lentil soup is even better the next day!
Spicy Lentil Soup instructions
- Dice onions and garlic.
- Add oil, onions and garlic in a large stock pot and sauté over medium heat for 5-6 minutes..
- Add remaining ingredients, except spinach and lime, and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Add spinach and stir until wilted..
- Serve in a bowl and squeeze 1 lime wedge over the top to cut the heat from the spices..
Here is the step-by-step for today's Spicy Spinach Lentil Soup. This spicy lentil soup recipe is of my favorite soups and is easy to make. My wish is for you to have fun and enjoy this lifestyle, and eating delicious meals is part of the process. I make this soup much more healthier than I use to. Coconut Curry Red Lentil Soup, Vegetarian Lentil Tortilla Soup, Instant Pot Lentil Soup.