Recipe: Tasty Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
You can cook Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Prepare 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion – finely chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic – minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of half & half.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of celery seed.
- You need 1/2 of of a rotisserie chicken (white and dark meat) – chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of (packed) fresh spinach – roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of package gnocchi.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup step by step
- Heat a 2 quart sauce pan over medium heat. Add butter and oil. As soon as butter melts add onion and garlic. Sautée until onion is translucent, stirring often..
- Wisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes, wisking frequently..
- Wisk in chicken broth, half & half, thyme, celery seed, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer, wisking frequently. Simmer until thickened. About 5 minutes..
- Stir in chicken, gnocchi, and spinach. Simmer 5 minutes more, stirring often. Taste, adjust seasoning as desired. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note1: This makes a hearty, thick soup. If you would like your soup a little thinner you can add up to 1 more cup of chicken broth..
- Note2: If you want to cut some of the fat you can replace 1 cup of half & half with milk. You could go with all milk, but then it wouldn't have the same richness..