How to Make Perfect Wedding soup my style
Wedding soup my style. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in small batches; drain.
In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion. I turned leftover hamburgers into meatballs and dreamed up this cozy southwestern soup. Now my Italian family asks for it over traditional wedding soup. —Teena Petrus, Johnstown, Pennsylvania Southwest-Style Wedding Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home Next Recipe. You can have Wedding soup my style using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wedding soup my style
- It’s 1/2 cup of orzo.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare of Chopped garlic.
- Prepare Cup of chopped fresh spinach.
- It’s 2 of cooked chicken breast chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare Bag of frozen carrots and peas.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt or so.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of mrs dash.
In the soup aisle of Target, my tear-streaked five-year-old was looking forlornly at the spot where her favorite soup used to reside. For a year, I'd been scooping up every box of Archer Farms Italian Wedding Soup I could get my hands on. Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat (usually meatballs and/or sausage, the latter sometimes made of chicken and containing Italian parsley and parmesan cheese) in a clear chicken-based broth. Wedding soup sometimes contains pasta (usually cavatelli, fusilli, acini di pepe, pastina, orzo, etc.
Wedding soup my style instructions
- On the stove over medium heat add the olive oil put onion cook for few minutes and the garlic add the orzo cook it let it get little color then add the cook chicken and 4 cups of water and let it boil till the orzo get fluffy.
- Add the spices and the 4 cups of chicken stock and the spinach and frozen vegetables cook for another 10 minutes enjoy.
I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up. But I'm here to tell you it is so easy to make and following this simple recipe people may likely think it was passed down from an Italian Grandmother. Spice up your week with this absolutely delectable Slow-Cooker Southwest Wedding Soup! With Italian-style mini meatballs, orzo pasta, taco seasoning mix and more, this wedding soup is sure to become a family favorite.