Recipe: Delicious Feel Good Chicken Soup
Feel Good Chicken Soup. Add a big pinch of salt. Tess Sutilo, demonstrates how to make Feel Good Chicken Soup. I used a roasted chicken carcass from our previous nights dinner as I feel it adds more flavor then the uncooked chicken.
A feel-good classic with a new lease on life, this sinus-clearing broth starts with ginger softened in savory caramel. Serve topped with scallions, chopped cilantro, and freshly ground black pepper. Will chicken soup really cure your cold? You can cook Feel Good Chicken Soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Feel Good Chicken Soup
- It’s 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of carrots.
- It’s 1/2 head of celery.
- It’s 1 lb of onions.
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onions.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of baby spinach.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh chopped thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh chopped oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh chopped rosemary.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 4 of ea chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need of As needed: water.
Make no bones about it – chicken soup is the nation's go-to dish when we'. The best soup recipes for kids. Classic Chicken Noodle Soup – Thank Goodness We Had Roasted Not that's there's anything wrong with stuff, per se, but if properly made, this soup is just too amazing in its Just made chicken noodle soup. I've pretty much always made it like this and I think it's the best.
Feel Good Chicken Soup instructions
- Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes. Tip: I like to use an even mix of breast and thighs, seems to have better flavor that way.
- Cut carrots into bite-size pieces. Tip: use pre-packaged baby carrots. They're already peeled..
- Cut celery into bite-size pieces. Optional: don't let any go to waste! I like to mince up the leaves and add them to the rest of my herbs. More flavor and more nutrients. Can't have enough of either.
- Peel and cut onions into bite-size pieces.
- Chop herbs down to a fine powder.
- Cut green onions into ¼ inch pieces.
- Combine all ingredients into a large stock pot and fill with water until the ingredients are completely submerged.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and allow to boil for ten minutes. Warning: monitor closely, as boil-over will likely occur. I always make a mess on my stove lol.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover. Continue to heat until onions are translucent, approximately 20 minutes..
Is chicken noodle soup good for you? Not only is chicken noodle soup a feel-good dish, it's good for you, too! It's loaded with protein and vegetables and will keep you hydrated when you're feeling sick. This Easy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is my all-time favorite winter soup, made with simple How to make homemade chicken broth. The best thing about my chicken noodle soup?