Recipe: Perfect Lentil and Spinach Soup
Lentil and Spinach Soup. A light, healthy and flavorful lentil soup with spices, wilted spinach greens, and fresh lemon juice. Keywords: lentil soup, middle eastern lentil soup, red lentil soup, red lentil soup recipe, turmeric lentil soup. I love lentil soup, I ate it growing up as a child in Bulgaria.
Lentil and Spinach Soup from My Italian Neighbour. Lentil and Spinach Soup recipe: This recipe is from Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food. Season well with salt and pepper. You can have Lentil and Spinach Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil and Spinach Soup
- You need of Soup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cup of uncooked lentils.
- Prepare 4 cup of vegetable broth.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of fresh rosemary, 2-3 in sprig.
- Prepare 7 oz of fresh spinach, chopped.
- It’s 2 large of tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
A nutritious, flavor-packed spinach lentil soup that comes together in minutes! With earthy Mediterranean spices, lime juice and fresh parsley! In the history of this young blog, this is already the fifth lentil recipe I share with you. This time, a Mediterranean spicy spinach lentil soup.
Lentil and Spinach Soup instructions
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion & garlic; cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes, stirring often..
- Add lentils, broth, water, and rosemary, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes..
- Add spinach and tomatoes, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove rosemary sprig. Stir in pepper..
Simmer the lentils Add the broth, tomato paste and water, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Toss in the spinach and the garlic and sauté until spinach is wilted. Add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes with liquid, and lentils to the pot along with dried herbs. Vegan red lentil soup with carrots, lentils, and a tomato base. This simple soup is a weeknight staple and can be made with common pantry items like canned tomatoes, frozen spinach, and dried red lentils.