Recipe: Appetizing chicken orzo soup with spinach &lemon
chicken orzo soup with spinach &lemon. This Lemon Chicken Soup becomes your new Chicken Noodle. Here's why: The base is smooth, creamy, and velvety… without cream. To me, the fact that this is whole wheat orzo is essential to the soup-counts-as-a-meal thing.
This isn't your usual chicken noodle soup recipe. This is chicken orzo soup, and it takes this classic dish to new, exciting places. Al dente orzo swim in a flavorful Italian soup broth with diced celery, halved tomatoes, fresh spinach, garlic, and grated. You can cook chicken orzo soup with spinach &lemon using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of chicken orzo soup with spinach &lemon
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped carrot.
- It’s 1 tsp of bottled minced garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- You need 2 of 32oz boxes chicken broth.
- It’s 3/4 cup of orzo pasta.
- You need 1 of 6oz bag baby spinach stems removed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried dill.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup – A chicken soup that's loaded with tiny bits of tender orzo, lean, protein rich chicken breasts, fresh veggies and seasoned with I really couldn't get over how much I loved this Lemon Chicken and Spinach Orzo Soup! It will definitely be added to our dinner rotation and it. This Italian Orzo Spinach Soup recipe is quick and easy to make and so delicious and comforting. This post is sponsored by DeLallo, maker of my favorite whole wheat pasta.
chicken orzo soup with spinach &lemon step by step
- in a large Dutch oven,heat olive oil over med heat. add onion carrot and garlic. cook stirring frequently.add chicken and cook stirring frequently 6minutes..
- add broth,boil over med/high heat.add orzo and simmer 8minutes or til orzo is tender..
- add spinach,lemon juice,dill,and pepper. cook two minutes til spinach is wilted..
One of my good friends has a rule that none of us are allowed to complain about the weather here in Kansas City when we're. This soup is a riff on the Greek avgolemono: a delicious concoction of beaten eggs and lemon juice, whisked into broth and cooked just enough to thicken. While I borrowed the egg and lemon motif, I also added spinach used orzo instead of the rice. This soup has one other curious feature. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.