Recipe: Delicious Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup
Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup. Chicken and Spinach with Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Sauce is your perfect comfort food. If you are looking for more chicken and mushroom recipes, you may also like my creamy spinach chicken tortellini soup. Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup: Then came my need to make wild rice soup on the reg.
We LOVE this at my house. Rinse and spin dry spinach, cut out hard stems and coarsely chop leaves. Rinse and peel potatoes, cut into cubes. You can cook Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts cooked & cubed.
- It’s 12 oz of baby spinach( 2 sm. bags ).
- It’s 1/4 cup of cooked whole grain rice (or rice of choice).
- You need 4 tbsp of butter & olive oil (both or choice of one).
- It’s 1 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped carrots.
- It’s 8 oz of mushroom buttons sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white cooking wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole milk or half & half.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 dash of salt is optional.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 10 cup of chicken stock msg free.
- You need 3 clove of garlic minced or can use garlic powder (3 tsp).
Sprinkle with red pepper and serve. The chicken, spinach, mushrooms and tortellini all just go so well together and they are perfectly complimented by the creamy broth. Try it, you'll love everything about this soup…unless you are like my husband and hate mushrooms then you just may find yourself picking them out. A simple, light Chinese chicken soup with chicken thighs, shiitake mushrooms and ginger.
Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup instructions
- Sautee all vegetables except mushrooms until soft. Add mushrooms and cook til a little brown. Then add the flour stir and stir continually for one minute so it is well mixed..
- Now in a good sized Dutch Oven or Soup Pot pour in all of the chicken stock. Stir occasionally over medium high heat until the soup thickens a little..
- Add all the spices and cooked ingredients. Stir in the milk and wine. Save the spinach for last. After it is washed and drained slowly add handful at a time. The spinach will shrink and allow room for more. Simmer a few minutes more then enjoy..
The original recipe, upon which this one is based, is for "Steamed Ginger and Mushroom Chicken". The recipe required a bamboo steamer and wok, neither of which. white rice. vegetable broth. mushrooms. peppers. spinach. How to make one pan chicken and rice? Season chicken with salt, pepper and oregano (optional). This one-pan chicken and rice with mushrooms and spinach is full of great flavors and perfect for a quick dinner.