How to Cook Perfect Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod
Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod. Heat oil in large pot over high heat. Once soup cooled down you can freeze for another time. This soup is also food served cold, stuffed into a pita bread.
Mix in well and serve at once. This warming lentil soup with flavors inspired by the Middle East is packed with greens and beans—two Blue Zones diet staples you should always have in the kitchen. This Lebanese version of a warm and comforting Adas bil Hamod (Lentil soup) has a distinct lemony taste and is packed The lentils used in this soup are the same brown lentils used in my Lentils and rice dish. You can have Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod
- You need 1 kg of spinach, shredded.
- You need 1 cup of brown lentils.
- It’s 1 of medium potato, peeled and cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions, chopped.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Some people use spinach, I however use Swiss chard as my mother taught me. Lebanese Cuisine Mediterranean Spices Diced Potatoes Lentil Stew How To Squeeze Lemons Arabic Food Lentils Bon This Wonton Soup recipe is bursting with fresh flavors and loaded with homemade pork Chinese Dumplings to. Lebanese Style Green Lentil and Spinach Rashta SoupThe Red Lychee. A light, healthy and flavorful take on lentil soup with spices, wilted greens and fresh lemon juice.
Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod instructions
- In a pot, boil the lentils with 6 to 7 cups of water over medium heat for about 40 min..
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a small pan over medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 5 min or until they become golden in color..
- When the lentils are cooked, add the onion and garlic mixture, potato cubes, spinach, salt and 4 cups of water and stir..
- Cover the pot and leave on medium heat for 40 min or until the potato and spinach are well cooked. Add the lemon juice after removing from heat..
- Serve hot..
- Note: Depending on the type of lentils, you might need more or less water to cook. Small-sized lentils require more water..
Vegan, hearty and satisfying one pot meal. Since last year I have made this soup repeatedly, refining it to suit my taste- using brown lentils, less stock for a thicker soup, and wilting in lots of healthy. This soup is also food served cool, stuffed into a pita bread. Place the lentils and water in a large pot. Add in the spinach, parsley, and peppers.