Recipe: Yummy Sweet Hambone Soup
Sweet Hambone Soup. Leftover Hambone Soup – Use up your leftover hambone to make this cozy, hearty soup loaded with tons of veggies and chunks of sweet ham! This slow cooker ham bone soup is loaded with beans and veggies, it's the absolute best way to use up leftover ham! The SECRET ingredient to this soup is the Smoky Sweet mesquite seasoning.
Use leftover ham or ham bones in one of these delicious recipes. Leftover Hambone Soup Leftover Ham Bone Soup ~ Use up your leftover ham bone to make this cozy, hearty soup loaded with tons of veggies and chunks of sweet ham! Remove the ham bone; when cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone. You can have Sweet Hambone Soup using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Hambone Soup
- You need 5 of Strips Of Thick Smoked Bacon.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves, Minced.
- You need 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It’s 10 cup of Chicken Broth.
- You need 2 can of Crushed Tomatoes, Juice and All.
- You need 1 1/4 lb of Meaty Ham Bone.
- Prepare 1 of A Few Big Squirts Of Ketchup.
- Prepare 3 cup of Canned Cannellini Beans, Drained and Rinsed.
- You need 2 cup of Chopped Ham (saved from your holiday ham).
- It’s 2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- It’s 2 cup of Chopped Celery.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cubed Potatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of Cabbage, Chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Brown Sugar, Adding a bit at a time to reach desired sweetness.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- You need 1/2 of tsp. Dried Mustard.
- You need 2 of tsp. salt.
- Prepare 1 of Ground Black Pepper To Taste.
- It’s 1 of Noodles Of Choice.
This soup has good flavor – depending mostly on the quality and taste of your hambone, but I would have to agree with. Delicious, in-season vegetable ham bone soup is an easy way to create a healthy meal using a Home » Whole Food Recipes » Homemade Soup Recipes » Harvest Vegetable Ham Bone Soup. This hearty soup requires a good afternoon simmer, filling your house with the aromas of all things good and warming. Hambone soup, hambone soup Yeah tonight mamma's servin' up hambone soup Mr.
Sweet Hambone Soup step by step
- Heat a large stock pot on stove. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels..
- Add onions and garlic to pot. Saute about 5 minutes..
- Add remaining ingredients, including chopped up bacon. Bring to boil. Then turn down to simmer about 2-4 hours..
- Remove bone before serving. Serve with your favorite noodles (I used small shells) and a nice crusty bread! Enjoy!.
Roster join Mamma churns the butter serves it straight from the pot Melted over cornbread served up sweet and. If there are big pieces of ham in the soup, remove, cut into bite size pieces and return to soup. If you desire a smooth soup. If you're making a big bone-in ham for the holidays this year, don't throw away the leftover ham It's a key ingredient in this soup that adds instant flavor with minimal effort! Made with the actual leftover ham bone!