How to Make Tasty Ham And Bean Soup
Ham And Bean Soup.
You can have Ham And Bean Soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham And Bean Soup
- It’s 1 lb of Dried navy beans.
- Prepare 2 medium of onions.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Canola oil.
- You need 2 of Celery ribs, chopped.
- You need 10 cup of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 4 cup of Fully cooked cubed ham.
- It’s 1 cup of Mashed potatoes, without milk and butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shredded carrot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of Meaty ham bone or 2 smoked ham hocks.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Minced fresh parsley.
Ham And Bean Soup step by step
- Place beans in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 to 4 hours or until beans are softened. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid..
- In the same pan, saute onions in oil for 2 minutes. Add celery; cook until tender. Stir in the beans, water, ham, potatoes, carrot, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, pepper and bay leaves. Add ham bone. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender..
- Discard bay leaves. Remove ham bone; and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove ham from bone and cut into cubes. Discard bone. Return ham to soup; heat through. Garnish soup with parsley. Yield: 15 servings (3-3/4 quarts)..