Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Ham and Bean Soup
Ham and Bean Soup. This ham and bean soup is one of my favorite recipes on the website, and one that my father has been making for the family for decades. He makes a big batch (doubles this one) and because it just gets better as the days go by, we'll enjoy it for dinner one night and then for lunch for several days afterward. Ham and Bean Soup is one of our all time favorite foods to come home to on a chilly day.
Nana's Epic Navy Bean Ham Bone Soup Recipe: A simple, yet utterly tempting, ham and bean soup recipe is a great way to use your leftover holiday ham bone. Navy beans or cannellini beans would work well in this soup; just test a bean for doneness at the end of the cook time to make sure they are tender. This ham and bean soup is one of my favorite pressure cooker recipes! You can cook Ham and Bean Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham and Bean Soup
- It’s 1 of Ham bone with some meat still on.
- You need 1 lb of Navy or Northern dry beans.
- Prepare 1 large of carrot, chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 of Celery stalks with leafy tops, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of water.
- Prepare 1 of baking soda.
- You need 1 of parsley.
This Instant Pot soup tastes like it cooked all day, but it's ready in less than two hours! Big thanks to Hurst's Beans for sponsoring this post. Ham Hock and bean soup in Instant Pot, Crock pot or slow cooker. But when you make ham and bean soup in the Instant Pot, you'll be in for a real treat!
Ham and Bean Soup instructions
- Soak beans in water overnight. Rinse and set to soak again for 2 hours in baking soda water..
- Add everything to a stock pot and cook over low heat atleast 4.5 hours..
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with fresh parsley..
The time to make a huge batch like this is literally under an hour and a half, but without sacrificing flavor and texture. Ham and Bean Soup – a homestyle, hearty and delicious soup that couldn't be easier to make! It requires minimal ingredients including a leftover Ham and bean soup was one of my mom's go-to dinners growing up. Almost every single Sunday she made roast beef or ham and so of course when. Can I Freeze Ham and Bean Soup?