split pea soup. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. This is a wonderful, hearty split pea soup. Great for a fall or blustery winter day.
Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful ham and fresh vegetables. When I want Split Pea Soup, this is the recipe I crave! You can have split pea soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of split pea soup
- You need 2 of carrots.
- It’s 2 piece of celery.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 piece of thick back bacon.
- It’s 1 of smoked ham bone.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 cup of split peas.
- You need of water.
Made with ham hocks or leftover ham, this To freeze pea soup, let the soup cool then transfer to freezer safe containers in portions and label the. Split Pea Soup is the perfect hearty winter soup to serve your family as it is so easy-to-mak and so good! My family considered this soup as an all-time comfort food. It's soup weather, and split pea soup is one of my personal favorites!
split pea soup step by step
- Dice onion, carrot, celery, bacon, garlic. Place in slow cooker or pot..
- Let cook until onions are softened. Add bone, split peas and water to cover.
- Simmer until the peas fall apart. Add more water as needed. Remove ham bone and serve. Garnish with fresh rosemary or thyme leaves..
It's a humble soup, sure, but one that's bursting with flavor, thanks to the smoked ham hock that simmers away with the split peas. Split pea soup freezes well, so you can make this on Easter Monday and not have to worry about cooking all week – split pea soup with ham for breakfast lunch and dinner anybody?! Can you overcook split pea soup? Split peas take a very long time to soften, so you don't have to worry about overcooking them. If you'd like the rest of the vegetables in your soup to retain some bite.