How to Make Yummy Sweet Hambone Soup
Sweet Hambone Soup. Leftover Hambone Soup – Use up your leftover hambone to make this cozy, hearty soup loaded with tons of veggies and chunks of sweet ham! Yes, hambone soup is one of my all-time holiday favorites. This slow cooker ham bone soup is loaded with beans and veggies, it's the absolute best way to use up leftover ham!
Top hypernym for sweet hambone soup (broader word for sweet hambone soup) is thick soup. Use leftover ham or ham bones in one of these delicious recipes. Delicious, in-season vegetable ham bone soup is an easy way to create a healthy meal using a Home » Whole Food Recipes » Homemade Soup Recipes » Harvest Vegetable Ham Bone Soup. You can have Sweet Hambone Soup using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Hambone Soup
- Prepare 5 of Strips Of Thick Smoked Bacon.
- It’s 2 of Garlic Cloves, Minced.
- It’s 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- You need 10 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 2 can of Crushed Tomatoes, Juice and All.
- You need 1 1/4 lb of Meaty Ham Bone.
- It’s 1 of A Few Big Squirts Of Ketchup.
- Prepare 3 cup of Canned Cannellini Beans, Drained and Rinsed.
- It’s 2 cup of Chopped Ham (saved from your holiday ham).
- You need 2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Celery.
- You need 2 cup of Cubed Potatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of Cabbage, Chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Brown Sugar, Adding a bit at a time to reach desired sweetness.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- It’s 1/2 of tsp. Dried Mustard.
- You need 2 of tsp. salt.
- It’s 1 of Ground Black Pepper To Taste.
- It’s 1 of Noodles Of Choice.
Leftover Hambone Soup Leftover Ham Bone Soup ~ Use up your leftover ham bone to make this cozy, hearty soup loaded with tons of veggies and chunks of sweet ham! This hearty soup requires a good afternoon simmer, filling your house with the aromas of all things good and warming. Remove the ham bone; when cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone. If you're making a big bone-in ham for the holidays this year, don't throw away the leftover ham It's a key ingredient in this soup that adds instant flavor with minimal effort!
Sweet Hambone Soup instructions
- Heat a large stock pot on stove. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels..
- Add onions and garlic to pot. Saute about 5 minutes..
- Add remaining ingredients, including chopped up bacon. Bring to boil. Then turn down to simmer about 2-4 hours..
- Remove bone before serving. Serve with your favorite noodles (I used small shells) and a nice crusty bread! Enjoy!.
Did you know that Smoked LLC uses Hambone's Sweet Secret Homemade BBQ sauce exclusively? Made with the actual leftover ham bone! We love picking up a ham for Christmas. And one of my favorite things about getting the ham, is having that ham. A simple but tasty soup to make using a leftover ham bone, kidney beans, and potatoes.