Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Living on a budget ham soup
Living on a budget ham soup. Remove the ham hocks, pick any meat off of the bone and then stir it back into the soup. Give it a good taste and adjust the seasoning with whatever you want. Got a ham bone on leftover from the holidays?
Cooking on a budget doesn't mean you have to sacrifice flavor or nutrition. Some of the themes that mom and dad have perfected over the years in their Personally my favorite budget meal is a peanut butter sandwich. Do you have a favorite tasty and nutritious "budget" menu? You can have Living on a budget ham soup using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Living on a budget ham soup
- You need 1 of ham bone with ham.
- It’s of Any kind of bean – I used kidney, black & garbanzo.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s 2 pkg. of Chicken seasoning or bullion cubes.
If so, please let us know. A very frugal yet satisfying soup that makes the most of leftover bones (keep your Christmas ham bone!) Cook in the slow cooker for an easy meal. Live Well and Thrive on a Budget. Deliciously creamy Ham and Potato Soup is easy to make and perfect to use up any leftovers!
Living on a budget ham soup step by step
- Cover ham bone with water & let cook for 1 hour.
- After ham is done, cool before pulling ham off bone and placing back in water. (You can save bone & scraps for pea soup).
- Rince the beans & add to pot. Add chicken seasoning too. Continue cooking to soften beans – I cooked 1 hour..
- Add salt & pepper or any herb/spice you desire to taste.
Picky eaters will ask for seconds. Ham and Potato Soup simmers away on the stove, pretty much taking care of itself, thickening into a delicious creamy base. This slow cooker ham bone soup is loaded with beans and veggies, it's the absolute best way to use up leftover ham! Save money with our simple soups using cheap ingredients. Feed the family on a budget with our thrifty chicken recipes.