Recipe: Perfect Spicy butternut soup
Spicy butternut soup. Made in under an hour, our Spicy Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect weeknight meal that the whole family will love! This roasted butternut squash soup is made with creamy coconut milk and jalapeños. Jump to navigationJump to search. ".
Make this warming soup in under an hour! This silky-smooth butternut soup gets a hit of spice from chipotle, cloves and cumin. Spicy Butternut Squash Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. You can cook Spicy butternut soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy butternut soup
- Prepare 1 of butternut, peeled, de-seeded and cubed.
- It’s 1 of sweet potato peeled and cubed.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 1 of onion or a leek sliced/chopped.
- It’s of Thumb sized piece of ginger finely chopped (add more if you like a bit of heat).
- You need 1 of sprinkling of dried chilli flakes.
- It’s 3-4 teaspoons of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- You need Half of litre hot veg stock.
- Prepare Tin of coconut milk.
- You need of Salt and pepper to your taste.
This is a pleasant, spicy, warm soup just right for a chilly autumn day. This soup can also be served cold with a little heavy cream swirled in. I did not add Harissa to the soup because my husband has adverse affects to spicy items. Used by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Spicy butternut soup instructions
- Chop/cube all the veg and sweat until soft.
- Add spices.
- Add hot stock.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add coconut milk.
- Zizz until smooth.
- Adjust thickness to your taste with extra liquid.
A spicy and warming soup, great for when its cold outside! This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community. This Spicy Thai Butternut Squash Soup is vegan, gluten-free and filled with delicious Thai curry! Spicy Butternut Soup is also great to present for a main meal, served with flavorsome garlic bruschetta. To make soup really is the easiest thing ever.