How to Cook Perfect Macrobiotic White Miso Cauliflower Soup
Macrobiotic White Miso Cauliflower Soup.
You can have Macrobiotic White Miso Cauliflower Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Macrobiotic White Miso Cauliflower Soup
- Prepare 20 grams of Burdock root.
- Prepare 50 grams of Onion.
- It’s 50 grams of Carrot.
- It’s 100 grams of Starchy root vegetables (taro root, potatoes, sweet potatoes).
- It’s 100 grams of Cauliflower.
- It’s 1 of Dried shiitake mushroom.
- It’s 15 grams of Dried daikon radish.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 200 ml of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of White miso.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Shio-koji.
- You need 150 ml of Soy milk.
- You need 1 of Pepper (optional).
Macrobiotic White Miso Cauliflower Soup step by step
- Wash the dirt off the burdock root, and shave it (as if you're sharpening a pencil) into pretty thick shavings..
- Cut the onion into wedges, then cut each wedge into 4 pieces crosswise. Cut up the carrot roughly. Cut the cauliflower and starchy root vegetable into bite-sized pieces..
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a pan and stir fry the burdock root. Stir fry over medium heat slowly to bring out the sweetness of the burdock root. It will start to smell sweetly aromatic..
- Once the burdock root starts smelling nice, add the onion and stir fry. When the onion is translucent, add the carrot and continue stir frying..
- Add the rest of the ingredients – the cauliflower, starchy root vegetable, dried shiitake mushroom, dried daikon radish and 1 cup (200 ml) of water. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer..
- After simmering for about 15 minutes, add the white miso and shio-koji to taste. Add the soy milk last and heat. Be sure not to let it boil..
- You only need to rinse the dried shiitake mushroom. If you soak it in water, the flavors will leech out. Break the dried shiitake mushroom up with your hands before adding it to the pot..