Moroccon Spiced Cauliflower and Almond Soup.
You can cook Moroccon Spiced Cauliflower and Almond Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moroccon Spiced Cauliflower and Almond Soup
- You need 1-1/2 cups of cauliflower florets.
- You need 1/4 cup of almonds.
- It’s 1/4 cup of roughly chopped onions.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic (1 if large).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of chilli garlic paste.
- Prepare of Or.
- You need 2 of green chilis/jalapenos slit.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For garnishing:.
- Prepare as needed of Extra almonds, slivered or chopped (optional).
- You need as needed of Chopped green onions or chopped coriander Leaves.
Moroccon Spiced Cauliflower and Almond Soup step by step
- In a pressure pan or saucepot, heat the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add garlic, onions, almonds and cauliflower flowerets along with jalapenos(if using this instead of chilli paste) and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes on medium low..
- Add the spice powders (coriander, cumin and cinnamon) along with the chilli paste and fry again for about a minute..
- Add about 1 to 1 ½ cups of water and close the pressure pan. Cook on high for about 2 whistles. If using a saucepan, cook, covered for about 15 to 20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender..
- Once cooked, drain the soup into a pot over a colander. Remove the slit jalapenos and blend the cooked vegetable in a blender to a smooth paste. Add to the drained liquid and mix well. Add more water if necessary to the consistency you want. Add salt to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes..
- Serve garnished with additional almonds, green onions or coriander leaves/cilantro and a drizzle of chilli paste. Aromat and exotic Moroccan spiced cauliflower and almond soup is ready to dig into during these cold winter nights!!!.
- #WinterSoup. If you do not have chilli-garlic paste or chilli paste, use any hot chilli sauce or just jalapenos. You can use any oil you prefer instead of olive oil..