Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Creamy But Light Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Creamy But Light Cauliflower Cheese Soup. Our Cauliflower Cheese Soup combines bacon, sautéed onions with carrots, simmered with cauliflower and seasonings, then puréed and mixed Packed with cheesy flavor and a silky texture, this delicious and creamy Cauliflower Cheese Soup served as a starter, lunch, or dinner, is a. This smooth, creamy cauliflower soup with sharp cheddar cheese is absolutely what you want on a chilly day. That's when the soup pot comes out and you look forward to filling it with something warm and comforting.
It uses an entire head of cauliflower, it's ultra-creamy (although made without heavy cream), and even if you don't happen to be a huge cauliflower fan (like, ahem. This creamy cauliflower cheese soup is the kind of soup that barely even makes it into the bowl. Try a spoonful straight from the pan, just to check seasoning (perfectly sensible) -> immediately need another because it was so delicious -> 'just one more' -> somehow there is no soup left in the pan. You can have Creamy But Light Cauliflower Cheese Soup using 8 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy But Light Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Prepare 5 ml of Veg oil.
- It’s 150 g of White onion.
- Prepare 500 g of Cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 150 g of Potato, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 700 ml of Veg stock (stock cubes ok).
- It’s 100 g of Aldi cheese emporium lighter cheddar cheese (or alternative).
- You need 100 ml of Elmlea single light cream alternative.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Wholegrain mustard (optional).
This cauliflower soup recipe for creamy, incidentally vegan cauliflower soup from Paul Bertolli comes together easily, and without cream. This soup might seem plain, but trust us. In less than twenty minutes you'll have yourself a warm, delicious bowl of soup that is so light you can serve this as a first course for dinner or with a half sandwich for lunch. Lusciously creamy, yet cream-less, cauliflower soup.
Creamy But Light Cauliflower Cheese Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onions over a medium heat until soft, approx 5 mins. Add the cauliflower, potato and stock, bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 25 mins until the potato is soft. Puree the soup with a stick blender or a food processor, add the Elmlea, cheese and season to taste with salt and black pepper, add a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard to the bowl for an added kick but don’t forget to account for the extra calories!!!.
This cauliflower soup recipe will absolutely satisfy your craving for warm, creamy soup—no cheese required. I know "cauliflower soup" might not sound super appealing if you've never had it before. Creamy Cauliflower & Goat Cheese Soup. Here's an elegant choice for a first course or even a meatless dinner. Goat cheese adds an extra-special touch.