Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Cauliflower and watercress soup
Cauliflower and watercress soup. Great served with a crispy whole grain piece of bread and a drizzle of olive oil on top, yet it's light enough to serve with a sandwich or a first course. We were hit with a snow storm yesterday, and we're expecting another tonight. Watercress-Cauliflower Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Both Watercress and Cauliflower are cruciferous vegetables rich in isothiocyanates with incredible health benefits that range from anticancer properties to preventing osteoporosis as well as potentially reducing allergy symptoms. Thick and Creamy Cauliflower Soup is a delicious, healthy low carb substitute for potato soup! This cauliflower soup has the perfect liquid to cauliflower ratio and doesn't need any thickening agents. You can have Cauliflower and watercress soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower and watercress soup
- Prepare 1 of leek, wash well and roughly chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small pieces including softer parts of the stalk and small white leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of watercress, remove the thickest part of the stalk.
- It’s 1 stick of celery, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of potato, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- It’s of Water (as required).
Combine stock, cauliflower and watercress in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Lid well and cook until veggies are tender. Watch how to make the best cauliflower soup in this short recipe video.
Cauliflower and watercress soup instructions
- Heat oil and butter on medium heat and add the leak and celery. Cook gently until half original volume. Don’t allow Vegetables to brown..
- Add cauliflower and potato and a pinch of salt, cover and cook until half original volume. This step will be quicker if vegetables are cut small..
- Add stock to barely cover vegetables and watercress and cook until cress is tender..
- Purée using stick blender or similar..
- Optional extras – add ground celery seeds at start of cooking process. Or sour cream to serve..
Roasting the cauliflower gives it tons of flavor, and it's so easy to do! This cauliflower soup recipe for creamy, incidentally vegan cauliflower soup from Paul Bertolli comes together easily, and without cream. This soup might seem plain, but trust us. Cauliflower: I used a whole head of fresh cauliflower here because I was able to get it for a great price at Aldi, but you can substitute a one pound bag of Place the soup back over medium heat and allow it to heat through. Once hot, begin stirring in the cheese, one handful at a time, until it has fully melted.