How to Make Tasty Cauliflower & Fennel Soup
Cauliflower & Fennel Soup. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is a significant source of nutrients. The nutrition profile of cauliflower is quite impressive. Cauliflower is very low in calories yet high in vitamins.
Cauliflower is a delicious and versatile vegetable. Make the most of this winter staple in soups, casseroles, and recipes that typically use flour. Cauliflower steaks made oven roasted with simple seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. You can have Cauliflower & Fennel Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower & Fennel Soup
- It’s 1 of cauliflower head.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 400 g of tinned butter beans, drained.
- You need 800 mls of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 200 mls of coconut milk.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Cutting the cauliflower into thick slices makes for a hearty and satisfying plant-based meal. Compare Latin caulis, French chou-fleur, Italian cavolfiore. (UK) IPA(key): /ˈkɒl.i.flaʊ.ə/, /ˈkɒl.ɪ.flaʊ.ə/. (US) IPA(key): /ˈkɔl.ɪˌflaʊ.ɚ/, /ˈkɔl.əˌflaʊ.ɚ/. cauliflower (plural cauliflowers). Транскрипция и произношение слова "cauliflower" в британском и американском вариантах. Подробный перевод и примеры. Step One: Chop the cauliflower into small florets and steam until Steam cauliflower florets until fall-apart soft. Stir the flour with the oregano, garlic, salt.
Cauliflower & Fennel Soup step by step
- Remove the outer leaves and tough inner stalk from the cauliflower and discard. Chop the cauliflower florets roughly..
- In a large soup pan, gently sauté the onions in oil for 10 minutes, being careful not to allow them to brown..
- Add the fennel seeds and garlic and continue to gently sauté for another 5 minutes..
- Add the cauliflower, butter beans and vegetable stock to the soup pan. Bring the stock to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes until the cauliflower is very soft..
- Allow to cool slightly, then add the soup and the coconut milk to the blender. Process until very smooth..
- Return the soup to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper before serving..
Cauliflower is incredibly versatile as you can see from our wealth of recipes – from curries, to soups to the comforting cauliflower cheese. Inexpensive and local, it ticks all the right boxes, so don't skimp. From roasted cauliflower to cauliflower soup, and from cauliflower pizza crust to cauliflower rice or mashed potatoes! See all you can do with that head of cauliflower. Cauliflower is a sun-loving, cool-season crop to grow in spring and fall.