Recipe: Yummy Baked Potato Soup
Baked Potato Soup. This soup incorporates pre-baked cubes of potato with onion, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and sour cream in a milk soup base which has been thickened with a roux. This soup is made with mashed up baked potatoes, onion, celery, and stock, puréed and then topped with classic baked potato toppings like crumbled crispy bacon, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream. Baked Potato Soup takes all of the comforting goodness of a fully loaded baked potato and turns it into a belly warming soup!
If you like loading your baked potatoes will all those delish dairy ingredients, then you'll love this soup recipe, too! Original recipe calls for only four slices of bacon, but I — being a little piggy. My husband and I enjoyed a delicious baked potato soup at a restaurant while on vacation and I came home determined to duplicate it. You can have Baked Potato Soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Potato Soup
- You need 2 large of potatoes peeled, halfed lengthwise, and thinly sliced.
- You need 3 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of cauliflower.
- You need 1 bunch of green onion.
- It’s 6 slice of bacon.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of sour cream.
It took me five years to get the taste right! This baked potato soup is so easy to prepare and you probably won't even tell a difference between Panera Bread's version or this! One day, after finishing a plate of the loaded baked potato soup from. baked potato soup. So I was almost done with soup when I starting thinking about baked potatoes and how it's been too long.
Baked Potato Soup instructions
- In a large saucepan combine potatoes, 2 cups of milk, and 1 teaspoon of salt..
- Cover and bring to boil over medium-high heat..
- Lower heat to medium-low and add cauliflower and green onions..
- Cover and simmer 10-15 mins..
- Add 1 cup of milk then puree the soup. Season with salt and pepper..
- Top soup with crispy bacon, shredded cheese, and sour cream..
Baked potatoes have a softer, creamier texture than throwing raw potatoes into a soup and letting them cook. I usually use russet potatoes for this loaded baked potato soup. Once cooled, peel and mash potatoes, and set aside. Potato soup makes me dramatic, evidently. When we were living with our friends, we made baked potatoes to go with our If you have leftover baked potatoes, you HAVE to make this soup!