Coconut curry soup. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually. There are essentially two parts to this recipe.
Add the coconut juice from the first can and all the contents of the second can along with the chicken broth, carrot, lime leaves, lemon grass, fish sauce and lime zest and juice. Grate the frozen ginger into the broth with a Microplane grater or standard box grater. Heat coconut oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. You can have Coconut curry soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut curry soup
- You need 2/3 cup of orange lentil (dry).
- You need 2/3 cup of green lentil (dry).
- You need 1/2 of onion yellow.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped broccoli.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped cauliflower.
- You need 1/2 cup of peas.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of jalapēno.
- It’s 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- Prepare 1-14 oz of can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 cubes of vegetable bullion.
- You need of Optional: diced carrot.. to give the soup a pop of colour.
Curry paste is often mixed with coconut milk in recipes (like this one), and curry dishes tend to also feature a protein like chicken or shrimp and various vegetables. This coconut curry soup is super quick, thanks to already-cooked rotisserie chicken. Chicken is a staple protein in all kinds of soups—check them all out here! The great thing about this soup is you can serve it with different kinds of protein.
Coconut curry soup instructions
- Add oil, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, onion, & garlic to pot on med heat. Cook until veggies are el dante.
- Add curry power make sure veggies get nicely coated.
- Add water, vegetable bullion, lentils, and coconut milk. bring to a boil.
- Add diced jalapēno.
- Simmer for about 30mins until lentils are soft..
- Serve and enjoy!.
It tastes great with shrimps, with white fish filets, with cubed chicken breast, with scallops. In a Dutch oven, bring coconut milk to a boil. Stir in curry paste until completely dissolved. Pour chicken mixture over noodle mixture in bowl. An amazing quick and easy Thai Coconut Soup MADE FROM SCRATCH with easy to find ingredients!!